Save money, eat well and live healthy: Take control of your diet by cooking. It’s easier than you think.
Runaway Apricot is dedicated to teaching people how to cook healthy meals from scratch. With simple recipes, researched essays, and one-on-one coaching, founder Robyn Andrea Burgess empowers you to become successful in the market, the kitchen, and in life.
Hi, I’m Robyn Andrea and my passion in life is cooking.
- Cooking from scratch gives us control over our bodies; helping us achieve fitness goals, balance health conditions, and protect ourselves from allergens and pollutants
- Cooking saves money, giving us the means to afford our dreams
- Cooking makes a statement about who we are and what we value; the choice for sustainability over consumerism
- Cooking breaks the cycle that raised our generation on Lunchables and McDonald’s; nourishing our families with wholesome meals
- Cooking with confidence produces confidence in every aspect of our lives
- Cooking is for everyone
I believe I can help you learn to cook and love food as much as I do.
I have been cooking, developing recipes, and writing about food systems for over 20 years. I started cooking for my family as a child and by high school I first opened Runaway Apricot as a baking business, selling cakes and cookies to classmates. As a teenager, I interned with José Andrés, Bon Appétit Magazine’s Chef of the Year, in the kitchen of one DC’s top restaurants. At Columbia University, I molded my anthropology coursework to study the way we eat and planned events for thousands of students to come together around food. Since college, I have worked in digital marketing, gaining the skills to reach a wider audience to teach our generation how to make healthy meals at home.
Since founding RunawayApricot.com in 2009, I have been featured by Design*Sponge, The Kitchn, Yahoo Food, and The Container Store. I have also contributed writing to Columbia College Magazine, Edible Brooklyn and Edible Manhattan. I have worked as a private chef, provided catering services in New York City, and taught cooking classes to large groups in person and via webinar.
I now work privately with clients to help them conquer uncertainty and become confident home cooks. My coaching clients invest in learning essential skills that they will use every day of their lives.
I want to help you make healthy cooking a part of your life. Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you’re interested in working together. Stay connected by following @runawayapricot on Instagram, Facebook or Pinterest for continued inspiration.
My passion in life is cooking and I want to help you learn to love it as much as I do.